Data Processing Assistant – Full Time Position.
Department: Data Processing
Reports To: Banking Officer-Data Processing Supervisor
Location: Main Bank
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The employee in this position operates and monitors complex computers and peripheral equipment that support mission-critical business applications. Working alone, meticulously following detailed instructions, this employee maintains balance sheets and logs, distributes program output, and properly maintains an optimum equipment environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In coordination with detailed instructions, maintains daily operating schedule to assure proper utilization of time, complex computers and peripheral equipment, including, but not limited to printers, fax machines,
- Retrieves, verifies and distributes program output such as reports and data files. This includes the use of Microsoft Excel and data entry into detailed balance
- Recognizes problems in hardware and software malfunctions; calls to the attention of the supervisor and resolves minor equipment
- Observes strict procedures for security of computer equipment, supplies, data files and computer facility.
- Makes sure that equipment is properly maintained and stocked according to the job being run (paper in the printer, ).
- Process ACH
- Reconcile internal accounts for
- Process cash letter
- Troubleshoot application problems from within the bank.
Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Mental alertness and adaptability to office and field area work routines. Equivalent to four years high school, with particular emphasis during high school in office skills, shop skills, or others, plus 6 months related experience or training, and 12 to 18 months related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.