Full Time IT Systems Administrator – Wichita Falls, TX.
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Information Technology Officer
Location: Main Bank
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The incumbent is responsible to troubleshoot and repair technical problems dealing with desktops and peripherals. Provides support to staff with computer hardware and software problems. The position is dynamic and in a great environment to learn and grow. Various new projects come along regularly, and provide opportunities to acquire new skillsets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deploy new and used computers using both images and fresh installs.
- Install and configure software and hardware.
- Create standard operating system installs for deployment.
- Assist in solving and repairing problems with the network and servers.
- Configure and deploy mobile device management solutions.
- Work in virtualized server environments.
- Maintain extensive documentation on work performed.
- Troubleshoot and repair printers/scanners.
- Maintain anti-virus/anti-malware/other cybersecurity systems.
- Travel to branch locations to repair problems.
- Move/rearrange computers and furniture as necessary.
- Securely erase computers and prepare for sale or other disposal.
- Research and evaluate new software and hardware.
- Maintain inventories of computer systems and software.
Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
ANALYTICAL ABILITY / PROBLEM SOLVING
Moderately structured. Fairly broad activities using moderately structured procedures with only generally guided supervision. Interpolation of learned things in somewhat varied situations.
USE OF MACHINES, EQUIPMENT AND/OR COMPUTERS
Regular personal computer support, technical help, and/or basic software support, level I technician, project coordination, installation, and help desk.
Probable errors would not likely be detected until they reached another department, office or patron, and would then require considerable time and effort to correct the situation. Frequently, possibility of error that would affect the organization’s prestige and relationship with the public to a limited extent, but where succeeding operations or supervision would normally preclude the possibility of a serious situation arising as a result of the error or decision.
Occasional contacts with patrons on routine matters.
Contacts with other departments or offices and also frequently with individuals in middle level positions; consulting on problems which necessitate judgment and tact in presentation to obtain cooperation or approval of action to be taken. Also, important contacts with associates as required in advanced supervisory jobs.