Part Time Teller – Wichita Falls, TX
Reports To: Teller Supervisor
Location: Designated Bank Facility
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The incumbent is responsible for assisting customers in day to day transactions, maintaining cash drawer, closing
bank as necessary and answering telephone in a courteous manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide excellent customer service at all times. This duty is performed daily.
2. Handle deposits and withdrawals. This duty is performed daily.
3. Balance and maintain cash drawer. This duty is performed daily.
4. Perform opening and closing procedures as assigned. This duty is performed daily.
5. Transfer funds for customers. This duty is performed daily.
6. Process night deposits. This duty is performed weekly.
7. Answer telephone in a courteous manner. This duty is performed daily.
8. Accept loan payments. This duty is performed daily.
9. Stock desk/teller supplies. This duty is performed daily.
10. Scan and process teller work. This duty is performed daily.
11. Distribute correspondence left by customers to the correct destination. This duty is performed daily.
12. Verify cash sold to vault against teller transfer and verify amount sold by denominations. This duty is performed daily.
Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Mental alertness and adaptability to office and field area work routines. Equivalent to four years high school, with
particular emphasis during high school in office skills, shop skills, or others, plus To 6 months related experience
or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR FUNDS, PROPERTY and EQUIPMENT
Funds, Property & Equipment Responsibility:$15,000
Performs work operations which permit frequent opportunity for decision-making of minor importance and which
would not only affect the operating efficiency of the individual involved, but would also affect the work
operations of other employees and/or clientele to a slight degree.
Moderate mental demand. Operations requiring almost continuous attention, but work is sufficiently repetitive
that a habit cycle is formed; operations requiring intermittent directed thinking to determine or select materials,
equipment or operations where variable sequences may be selected by the employee.
ANALYTICAL ABILITY / PROBLEM SOLVING
Repetitive. Activities or duties using a pre-determined set of processes or directions coupled with nearby
supervision. Learned things in situations where choice is simple or patterned.
USE OF MACHINES, EQUIPMENT AND/OR COMPUTERS
Regular use of non-complex machines and equipment (adding machines, calculators, copy/fax machines, etc.)
Probable errors of internal and external scope would have a moderate effect on the operational efficiency of the
organizational component concerned. Errors might possibly go undetected for a considerable period of time,
thereby creating an inaccurate picture of an existing situation. Could cause further errors, losses, or
embarrassment to the organization. The possibility for error is always present due to requirements of the job.
Frequent contacts with general public, patrons, or other outside representatives, wherein the manner of handling
these contacts has a bearing on the organization’s position and operation.
Contacts of considerable importance within the department or office, such as those required in coordination of
effort, or frequent contacts with other departments or offices, generally in normal course of performing duties.
Requires tact in discussing problems and presenting data and making recommendations, but responsibility for
action and decision reverts to others